Thursday, September 03, 2009

Hello my friends!
I have so much to comment on! My mom worked really hard and gathered ALL my brothers and sisters- ALL six of us- Together last weekend. It was SO nice. We hadn't seen Don in a while. He just got back from his second tour in Iraq and now he is training up to go to Afganistan. Please pray for him. We love you Don. Any way all of us were together and I don't have very many pics but here are some. Celeste and Brooklyn had fun with my kids around the local parks and it was tons of fun. She brought her new baby Hunter. What a cute chunk!Sammy and Jensen putting puzzles together. I was his birthday while they were here. Jensen keeps telling me how cool Sammy is and how cool his Spiderman birthday was.
Okay so I wanted to say. I love being a mom one of my favorite things is being able to see the differences in personalities in each kid that is SO huge. It is not just that one is a boy and one is a girl. The fundamental personalities are very different. Jensen loves control and order being methodical and can't stand tactile messiness. Lily will jump off things she has no business being on top of. She gets in the mud and gets dirty whenever possible. And yes SHE STILL EATS DIRT every single time we go outside.

This is her after she stuck her head in the river sand and she is now rubbing the dirt all over herself.


Jensen doing his little experiments in the river. And yes there is my pregnant belly as of last week.

I'm doing a low intensity home preschool with my kids and the differences couldn't be plainer. We were making faces in the pudding -(ie happy, sad, scared and so on). So they had total permission to use their fingers and make a big mess. I made a good mess around my plate and got my hands all gross. Lily was loving it. And you can tell from the picture she got totally messy. Jensen would not touch the pudding with his hands and his area was immaculate. Oh I love my kids.
Sorting Lily style and Jensen stlye.




7 comments:

Devin and Shannon Larsen said...

Dan, you look so cute with your prego belly!

Heidi said...

Danica!! I love your belly, sooo cute! :) I also love the differences between your kids. I love that Lily is so messy and Jensen is so neat. What a fun dynamic! I'm so excited to see what number three brings to the table :)

Ryan & Keri said...

What fun to have all of your siblings together! That's the best! And I love your prego belly. You look AMAZING! Plus, your kids are darling. You're so right on the personalities. Each one is entirely different, and it's great, because you make new discoveries with each child. Also, happy belated anniversary!

Aqualung said...

So what did you order for the next child, clean or messy?

Tracy Hogan said...

Lol, it's so true! How can she be so tactile and messy and yet so prissy? What a kid. Jensen will make a great engineer someday!

Smith Family said...

Love all the sweet pictures of the kids!! You have some fun ideas for preschool. Can't wait to see number 3. I hope everyone is doing well.

Amme said...

What fun pictures. Isn't it so great to watch their little personalities develop? You look great BTW!